Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a problem or question not answered on this page, please contact VYP here.
- How much does it cost to become a VYP member?
- VYP membership is FREE for any professional between 21-39 years old.
- Does my company have to be a member of the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce before I can become a member of VYP?
- No, because VYP membership is per individual, your company does not need to be a member of the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce. If your company would like to join the Metro Chamber, please call (702) 641-5822 or visit www.lvchamber.com.
- What are the age requirements to be a member of VYP?
- VYP members are 21-39 year old young professionals. VYP programming is designed for this demographic.
- What happens when you turn 40 years old?
- At 40 years old, you will become a VYP Alumni. VYP alums are invited to our two biggest mixers of the year: VYPís Anniversary Fusion Mixer in March and White Hot Fusion Mixer in August. There also are a few special alumni events scheduled throughout the year.
- I just joined online, now what?
- After you've finished registering, expect to receive a confirmation email from the VYP staff. You will be assigned a VYP Ambassador within one month, and they can help you get acclimated to the organization. You can also check out the calendar of events and sign up to attend some upcoming events. This will start you off on the road to networking and professional development within VYP!
- What days/time of day are events? I cannot make morning/midday/evening events.
- VYP is made up of hundreds of young professionals with changing schedules. This is why we schedule our events at varying times. We have breakfast, lunch and after hour events Monday - Thursday.
- VYP breakfast events are between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.
- VYP luncheons are between 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- VYP Fusion Mixers are held on Wednesdays or Thursdays, usually 6:00 - 8:00 or 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- How can I get more involved with VYP?
- VYP is always looking for member volunteers to sit on one of our committees. For more information, contact us.